About 2014 GLS
Geographic and cultural boundaries have become blurred, traditional hierarchies have been challenged and our notion of leadership is being redefined.
What does this mean for business?
This year's Summit brought together a number of high profile individuals from a range of sectors to discuss how we should respond to challenges and opportunities in this era of unprecedented technological innovation and change.
Follow the Summit on Twitter: #2014GLS
Highlights from the day included
- Critical analysis of how technology is redefining the business landscape
- Experts examining the impact of rapid innovation on the demographic of our workforce
- Debates surrounding the impact of technology on the global economy, communication and the consumer experience
News & articles
- Majority of Gen Y ‘won’t stay with one employer more than five years’
Employee value proposition needs revision to retain young talent,...
- Putting A Stake In The Ground: The Crowdfunding Angel
The crowdfunding phenomenon has seen rapid growth over the last...
- Big business names to speak at Global Leadership Summit
World-renowned business leaders are among the high profile line...
- Nina dos Santos Anchor, CNN International
Based in London, Nina is the host of CNN International’s daily European-focused business show 'The Business View' and regularly presents various feature shows including 'Future Finance'.
- Professor Gary HamelLondon Business School
Since 1983, Hamel has been on the faculty of the London Business School, where he is currently Visiting Professor of Strategic and International Management.
- Sarah WoodCo-founder and COO, Unruly
Sarah Wood is Co-founder and COO of marketing technology company, Unruly, where she ensures that the company delivers the most awesome social video campaigns on the planet.
- Tom HulmeFounder, OpenIDEO
Tom is Design Director at IDEO in London, and Founder and Managing Director of OpenIDEO and OIEngine - IDEO’s open innovation enterprises.
- Urs RohnerChairman of the Board of Directors, Credit Suisse Group AG
Prior to assuming his current position, he was the full-time Vice-Chairman of the Board of Directors of Credit Suisse Group AG.
- Eze Vidra SEMBA2010Head of Campus London; Head of Google for Entrepreneurs Europe
In March 2012, Eze launched Campus London, Google’s first physical startup hub, providing entrepreneurs with work and event space, mentorship, and educational programs as well as access to a vibrant startup community.
- Ulf EwaldssonChief Technology Officer, Ericsson
Ulf Ewaldsson also holds the position of Senior Vice President and Head of Group Function Technology at Ericsson. He was appointed to his current position on 1 February 2012.
- Richard Hytner SLN2003Deputy Chairman, Saatchi & Saatchi Worldwide
Richard, a law graduate from the University of Cambridge, joined Saatchi & Saatchi in 2003 as its CEO for Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Brian McBrideChairman, ASOS PLC
Brian is the Chairman of ASOS PLC, the leading on-line fashion retailer, appointed in October 2012.
- Richard PetersCo-Founder & Co-Chief Executive, Decoded
Richard started his career in advertising with global roles in media, product innovation and digital planning.
- Luke MansfieldHead of Innovation, Samsung Electronics Europe
As Head of Innovation for Europe, Luke leads a diverse team of functional experts creating breakthrough products for Samsung’s Electronics business.
- Farzana HaqueTata Consultancy Services
Ms. Farzana Haque is Head of Europe Telecom Business Unit and the Global Head for Strategic Group Accounts, Tata Consultancy Services
- John PetterChief Executive, BT Consumer
John Petter, 43 was appointed Chief Executive, BT Consumer on September 1, 2013.
- Kelly LeachManaging Director, Dow Jones & Company
Kelly Leach is also the publisher of The Wall Street Journal Europe. Ms. Leach assumed these roles in June 2012.
- Simon HayGlobal Chief Executive Officer, dunnhumby
The world’s leading customer science company, dunnhumby has a vision to build loyalty for more than 1bn people by 2020.
- Gregory C. CasePresident and Chief Executive Officer, Aon plc
Greg Case is President and Chief Executive Officer of Aon plc, the leading global provider of risk management solutions, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and HR solutions. He is also a member of the company's Board of Directors.
- Professor Lynda GrattonLondon Business School
Lynda Gratton is Professor of Management Practice at London Business School and is widely recognised as one of the worlds leading thinkers on human resources and the future of work.
- Jolyon BarkerManaging Director, Global Technology, Media & Telecommunications, Deloitte
Jolyon Barker is the Managing Director of the Global Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) Industry Group, consisting of more than 15,000 TMT member firm partners and professionals in 45 countries.
- Hussein Kanji MBA2007Founding Partner, Hoxton Ventures
Hussein is a founding partner of Hoxton Ventures, an early stage venture capital firm.
- John Henderson MBA2013Principal, White Star Capital
John is a Principal at White Star Capital where he focuses primarily on seed and early stage companies in the following areas: mobile, data, marketplaces, gaming and digital currency.
- Royston SeawardPartner, Deloitte Digital
Royston Seaward is a Partner within the Technology Practice of Deloitte, focusing on Media and Telecommunications clients in Production, Broadcast and Distribution.
- Rashik ParmarPresident, IBM Academy of Technology
Rashik is President of IBM's Academy of Technology and also a Distinguished Engineer.
- Professor Costas Markides London Business School
Costas Markides is Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship and holds the Robert P. Bauman Chair of Strategic Leadership at London Business School.
- Dr Gary Dushnitsky London Business School
Gary Dushnitsky is an Associate Professor of Strategy & Entrepreneurship and Academic Director of the Deloitte Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship at London Business School.
- Bruce Davis Managing Director, Abundance
Bruce Davis is Managing Director of Abundance, the first regulated investment crowdfunding platform which has raised £6m for UK renewable energy projects.
- Adam Kingl MBA2004London Business School
Adam Kingl is Director of Learning Solutions for Executive Education at London Business School, sits on the Executive Education Board, and is responsible for overall quality and design of its programmes.
- Professor Rajesh Chandy London Business School
Rajesh Chandy holds the Tony and Maureen Wheeler Chair in Entrepreneurship and is a Professor of Marketing at London Business School.
- Dr Michael G Jacobides London Business School
Michael G Jacobides holds the Sir Donald Gordon Chair of Entrepreneurship & Innovation at London Business School, where he is Associate Professor of Strategic and International Management.
- Professor Andrew ScottLondon Business School
Andrew Scott is a Professor of Economics and Deputy Dean (Programmes) at London Business School.
- Professor Julian Birkinshaw London Business School
Julian Birkinshaw is Professor and Chair of Strategy and Entrepreneurship at London Business School.
- Professor Sir Andrew Likierman London Business School
Professor Sir Andrew Likierman is Dean of London Business School. He is also non-executive Chairman of the National Audit Office and former non-executive Director of Barclays Bank Plc.